White fish, sweet potato and spinach - any white fish is full of nutrients for your baby...
- 2 skinless boneless white fish fillets (eg hake, plaice, cod...)
- a medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- a small onion, chopped
- about half a bag of fresh spinach
- a tbsp. olive oil
- 300ml whole milk
- In a saucepan, fry the onions gently in the oil for a few minutes. Add the sweet potato for a minute more.
- Pour over some freshly boiled water and simmer until the sweet potato is soft (about 15 mins).
- Put the fish in a bowl with the milk. Cover with cling film (pierced a couple of times with a fork) and pop in the microwave for 3 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Wash the spinach thoroughly and remove any large stalks. Add to the sweet potato pan for a couple of minutes until just wilted.
- Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon and transfer to a jug. Add the fish and as much milk as you need to create the correct consistency for your baby's needs. Blend.
Makes 4-6 servings (3-4oz pots)
Suitable for freezing.