Chances are your birthday or Christmas will fall within 9 months, so here's some lovely things you might like (well, you'd probably like gin but these things will do...)
1. Neal's Yard Mummy Box - massage oil to rub on your bump, bath oil and balm - luxurious and smell divine. (Plus having the added benefit of keeping stretch marks at bay).
2. Accessories - clothing is tricky when your wife/ girlfriend/ friend/ sister/ cousin is pregnant so stick to a scarf or a piece of jewellery. We are big fans of anything from Oliver Bonas and The Good Karma Shop's maternity necklaces.
3. A goody bag of things to enjoy after the baby is born - a friend of R's gave her one with strict instructions not to open until after the birth - it was so lovely to have a present when everyone was buying things for the baby, plus there was gin in there! Hooray! Other things a tired mummy might like are a nourishing face mask, posh coffee, Burt's Bees belly butter (great for keeping your diminishing bump taut and soft), vitamin water, hand cream (your hands will become so dry from all the nappy changing).
4. A spa voucher - there are some treatments you're recommended to avoid until you're 12 weeks pregnant but a manicure, facial, or massage is a VERY welcome gift for a mummy to be with achy feet and trouble sleeping. Cowshed do a selection of pregnancy friendly treatments.
5. If the due date isn't too far away - Anything from our best baby shower gifts list or preparing for baby's arrival list. Baby stuff is expensive so expectant parents will undoubtedly appreciate a bit of help with all the bits and bobs they need. Or something lovely for the nursery.
6. A good inspiring book for new mums. Try A Baby and A Blonde: A Quick, Easy and Realistic Guide to Bouncing Back to Your Best (Victoria Wells). A brilliant read for any new mum feeling a bit overwhelmed.