Get the tissues at the ready...
1. Real birth stories - a collection of women's experiences on Emma's Diary. We'd personally rather not have read any birth stories before we had our babies (as every experience is totally different) but afterwards, we love reading an uplifting, moving and truthful account of childbirth (and normally have a good cry!)
2. My thoughts about...stuff by Tova Leigh - her post I Can't See A White Light But I Know I Am About To Die is a wonderfully honest, moving account of how she dealt with pre-eclampsia and subsequently, eclampsia during and after the birth of her twins.
3. French Children Don't Throw Food by Pamela Druckerman - an insightful and compelling book about how the French raise kids. If you want to read just one parenting guide, we'd recommend this. Buy it here.
4. Rainbeaubelle - a mum and blogger who is adjusting to life as a widow. She puts things into perspective and is extremely motivating if you're feeling a bit low about life.
5. The SAH life - blog from a stay at home mum of a toddler with special needs and a baby. Positive, honest and informative reads.