YOu might not get through quite as many holiday reads as you did before...
If travelling by plane (based on a one week trip)
1. Baby's passport - you can apply here.
3. Baby wipes - around 20 a day
4. Nappy cream - Sudocrem do travel sized tubs.
5. Outfits for the baby x 4 - if you're going somewhere hot, the baby will most likely just wear a nappy during the day. You can always wash clothes while you're away.
6. Muslins x 4
7. Small toys x 4
8. Sleepsuits x 7
10. Monitor (see our list of the best monitors here).
11. Buggy or foldable pushchair - you can take these right up to the aircraft gate and then the airline staff will put it in the hold. We think foldable, one-piece pushchairs are really useful for flying, and much lighter than a travel system buggy. We like Maclaren strollers, Kiddicare have a great selection, or, on a budget - the Babystart from birth pushchair - buy here.
12. Baby carrier - handy for when your pushchair is taken from you at the departure gate.
13. Dummies - if you use a dummy, they are useful on the plane so your baby can regulate the pressure in their ears for take off and landing.
14. The contents of your change bag - see our change bag essentials list. You will need all the same day-to-day things at the airport and on holiday when you're out and about.
15. Empty carrier bags for dirty clothes.
16. Car seat - you can take your own or you can hire a baby car seat from all major car hire companies and they are often brand new or in very good condition as the safety standards are so high. See our list of the best car seats here.
19. Swim nappies - Huggies Little Swimmers do a range of sizes and a pack isn't too bulky to put in your suitcase (these are not always available overseas).
If formula feeding or weaning
1. Formula (if formula feeding) x 1 box - you can always buy it there if you want to save space.
4. Bottles x 4 (if bottle feeding) - you are allowed to take sterilised water and pre-mixed formula in your hand luggage
5. Bottle brush
8. The Chair Harness is a brilliant light weight harness to strap baby to any seat.
9. Formula powder dispenser - to easily prepare a bottle on the go.
If you are going somewhere hot...
1. Suncream - Factor 50. We like Nivea Sun baby.
4. Sun suit - we like this one from John Lewis.
If you are going somewhere cold...
1. Hat - (one with ears preferably!)
If travelling by car, add to the above
1. Travel cot, mattress and sheets. (See our list of the best travel cots here).
2. Bath support (see our list of the bet ones here).
4. Some bigger toys, playmat or bouncer.