- beef mince (250g)
- small onion (diced)
- a carrot (diced)
- a can of tinned, chopped tomatoes
- a sprinkling of fresh thyme leaves
- olive oil
- a sprinkling of cheese
- 1 sweet potato
- a knob of unsalted butter
1. Put a tbsp. of olive oil in a pan and fry the onion and carrot for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the mince and brown.
3. Add the thyme leaves and the tinned tomatoes.
4. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, put the sweet potato in the microwave for 5 minutes on each side (on a high setting). When soft, scoop out the flesh and mash with a knob of butter.
6. Blend the mince mixture to get rid of any big lumps but so it is still textured. Spoon into freezable pots and cover with the sweet potato mash. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Makes about 4 servings
Suitabke for freezing